Australian Trivia Questions and Answers
1. How many states are there in Australia?
Answer : 6 stares (Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, New south wales, Western Australia and South Australia)
2. How many senators are there in Australian Parliament?
Answer : 76
3. What two animals are features on the Australian coat of arms?
Answer : Kangaroo and Emu
4. In what year were the colonies united into a federation of states?
Answer : 1901
5. Which constellation is depicted on the Australian flag?
Answer : The Southern Cross
6. What is a bushman’s clock?
Answer : A kookaburra laughing
7. What types of mines do you find in Coober Pedy, South Australia?
Answer : Opal mines
8. What worldwide pandemic killed more than 12,000 Australians in 1919?
Answer : Spanish Flu
9. Which former Australian Prime Minister set a beer drinking world record?
Answer : Bob Hawke – drinking 2.5 pints in 11 sec
10. What was the first album to sell more than one million copies in Australia?
Answer : Whispering Jack by John Farnham
11. Who is “Matilda” in the Banjo Patterson song Waltzing Matilda?
Answer : Swag
12. In what year did Vegemite appear on Australian supermarket shelves?
Answer : 1923
13. What is the name of Australia’s largest cattle station?
Answer : Anna Creek Station
14. Which iconic Australian landmark is the world’s largest war memorial?
Answer : The Great Ocean Road
15. What is the national flower of Australia?
Answer : Golden Wattle
16. In what year was Paul Keating elected as Prime Minister?
Answer : 1991
17. What was the name of the architect of the Sydney Opera House?
Answer : Jorn Utzon. He was Danish
18. What is the more common slang term for fish frighteners?
Answer : Budgie smugglers
19. In what year did the Eureka (Rebellion) Stockade occur in the goldfields of Ballarat?
Answer : 1854
20. What percentage of Australia is classified as a desert?
Answer : 35%
21. Who is Australia’s head of state?
Answer : The Queen
22. The Australian swimmer Jacqueline Freney won how many gold medals at the 2012 summer Paralympics?
Answer : 8
23. The Knights are a National Rugby League franchise based in which city?
Answer : Newcastle
24. By total area, Australia is the … largest country in the world?
Answer : Sixth
25. Before being named Melbourne, what was the city know as?
Answer : Batmania
26. What is the traditional name of the natural landmark known as the Olgas?
Answer : Kata Tjuta
27. When is Australia Day?
Answer : 26th January
28. Which Aussie promised to “Go all the way with LBJ”?
Answer : Prime Minister Harold Holt
29. Australia has the greatest number of types of any country, with 755 species.
Answer : Reptiles
30. Which of the following oceans in not bordered by Australia?
Answer : The Atlantic Ocean
31. Along with the kangaroo, which animal can be found only in Australia?
Answer : Koala
32. Which kind of landscape account for more than 40 per cent of Australia?
Answer : Desert
33. Which is the capital city of Australia?
Answer : Canberra
34. Where was the first Australian Lifesaving club founded?
Answer : Bondi Beach (1906)
35. Which Australian Island is the largest sand island in the world?
Answer : Fraser Island (stretches over 120km!)
36. Which national park is jointly managed by the Australian government and the traditional owners?
Answer : Kakadu National Park
37. When an Aussie says: “I am knackered”, what does it mean?
Answer : He is tired
38. Which natural structure located in central Australia is called “Uluru” by indigenous people?
Answer : Ayers Rock
39. There are five countries larger than Australia – Name one of them?
Answer : Brazil, Canada, China, Russia and the USA
40. Which two cities in Australia used to host the Olympic Games?
Answer : Sydney and Melbourne
41. Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in New Zealand and Australia to commemorate soldiers in which war?
Answer : World War I
42. If you visited a different Australian beach every day, how long would it take to visit them all?
Answer : 29 Years
43. How many time zones are there in Australia?
Answer : Three
|Read More Topics|
|Trivia Questions and Answers|
|GK questions with answers of United States|
|Canada trivia questions and answers|
|United States history questions and answers|