In order to improve the sensitivity, two corrugated diaphragms are combined by arranging these in back-to-back and sealed together at the periphery to obtain shell-like shape as shown in fig(capsule pressure sensor) . These are called as capsules. One of the diaphragms is provided with a central reinforced port to allow the pressure to be measured, and the other is linked to a mechanical element. The difference in pressure between inner and outer surface of the capsule produces displacement. These capsule pressure sensor can also be attached with the LVDT as described in the diaphragm pressure gauge.
- See More : Diaphragm pressure sensor
- See More : Eddy current or Inductor dynamometer
- See More : Co-ordinate measuring machine
- See More : Alignment tests on milling machine
- See More : Alignment tests on lathe